SCPHA Implements Policy Changes Due to COVID-19 State of Emergency Policy Changes and Public Access Restrictions Effective Today, March 16th Boutte, LA (March 16, 2020) – In response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) state of emergency and to reduce the spread of the virus, the St. Charles Parish Housing Authority (SCPHA) has implemented several emergency policies that will affect Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) and Public Housing program participants. The emergency policy changes are effective immediately and until further notice.
- Access to SCPHA Administration and HCVP buildings is restricted. The office is closed to the general public until further notice. There will be a pick up box and a drop off box place in front of the office to submit or pick up documentation.
- The agency will maintain contact with the general public via phone, email, website.
- Informational signage is currently posted on the administrative buildings, indicating the various methods of contact currently available.
- All public meetings including the SCPHA Board of Commissioners meeting scheduled for March 31, 2020 have been canceled.
HCV and Public Housing Annual Reexamination / HCV Voucher and Contract Issuance
- In-person program compliance interviews have been canceled until further notice. The following methods of communication will be utilized to conduct pertinent HCV and Public Housing business:
- SCPHA will mail or email HCV and Public Housing annual reexamination packets and conduct phone interviews when necessary. There will be a pick up box and a drop off box place in front of the office to submit or pick up documentation.
- Participants should submit reexamination packets and other pertinent information directly to their individual Housing Counselor via drop box, email BHayes@scphousingauthority.com , fax 985, or mail to: St. Charles Parish Housing Authority P.O. Box 448, Boutte La 70037: Housing Choice Voucher Program/Housing Counselor (YPrevost@scphousingauthority.com). There will be a pick up box and a drop off box place in front of the office to submit or pick up documentation.
Evictions and Terminations
- SCPHA has placed a 45-day moratorium on evictions and terminations and will re-evaluate this course of action at the end of the moratorium period. Please note that rent is still due. You may pay online at www.scphousingauthority.com on drop off in the new installed drop box.