- July 11, 2017
- 5:00 pm
- Hahnville Community Room, Adjacent to #90
This meeting is Mandatory for Hahnville and Des Allemands Housing Authority residents. HUD is mandating a transition to entirely non-smoking communities by July 2018. To get there, it will take effort by all members of the community: Residents, staff, support services, etc. Please come out and hear the plan on how we will transition and enforce the change.
- Discuss proposed penalties / dollar amounts
- Discuss manner of enforcement
- Ask questions.
- Find out where to get help.
- Hear from experts on “Quitting the Smoking Habit.
- Find out what the phases are in the transition.
- Find out about possible actions for not complying.
- Review the proposed no smoking policy.
This meeting is to explain the intent of the St. Charles Parish Housing Authority to establish a mandated “Smoke Free Policy and Environment” within 18 months. Smoking will be prohibited throughout all public housing properties, in the units and within 25 feet of SCPHA buildings or other properties. The Final Rule: “Instituting Smoke‐Free Public Housing” was issued Dec. 5, 2016 under the 24 Code of Federal Regulations, Parts 965 and 966 and a SCPHA Board of Commissioners’ Resolution #17‐01‐24‐42 passed Jan. 24, 2017.
For more information contact the SCPHA Office at (985) 785‐2601.