St. Charles Parish Department of Community Services will be accepting preliminary applications for the Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation through the USDA Housing Preservation Grant (HPG) Program beginning January 10, through February 28, 2019 at their office at 14564 River Road New Sarpy, LA. 70078.
To pre-qualify for the USDA Housing Preservation Grant (HPG), residents of St. Charles Parish must meet the following requirements:
- Own and live in the home as their primary residence
- Meet very low-income requirements as established by USDA guidelines
- Have hazard insurance (fire and extended coverage)
- Have flood insurance if property is located in a designated flood zone
Qualified applicants will be selected on a first come, first serve basis. St. Charles Parish is an equal opportunity provider and does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. LIMITED FUNDING AVAILABLE
St. Charles Parish may also be reached through the LA Relay Communications System at the following numbers:
- Information: 1-800-333-0605
- TDD/TTY: 800-846-5277
- Voice: 800-947-5277
- ASCII: 888-550-5277
- Speech-to-Speech: 888-272-5530
- Spanish-to-Spanish: 800-737-1813
This service is free of charge.